Download Our Mutual Friend  Free Audio Books
Our Mutual Friend Paperback | Pages: 801 pages
Rating: 4.07 | 25283 Users | 1392 Reviews

Point Regarding Books Our Mutual Friend

Title:Our Mutual Friend
Author:Charles Dickens
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 801 pages
Published:September 10th 2002 by Modern Library (first published November 1865)
Categories:Classics. Fiction. Literature

Chronicle During Books Our Mutual Friend

A satiric masterpiece about the allure and peril of money, Our Mutual Friend revolves around the inheritance of a dust-heap where the rich throw their trash. When the body of John Harmon, the dust-heap’s expected heir, is found in the Thames, fortunes change hands surprisingly, raising to new heights “Noddy” Boffin, a low-born but kindly clerk who becomes “the Golden Dustman.” Charles Dickens’s last complete novel, Our Mutual Friend encompasses the great themes of his earlier works: the pretensions of the nouveaux riches, the ingenuousness of the aspiring poor, and the unfailing power of wealth to corrupt all who crave it. With its flavorful cast of characters and numerous subplots, Our Mutual Friend is one of Dickens’s most complex—and satisfying—novels.

Mention Books Toward Our Mutual Friend

Original Title: Our Mutual Friend
ISBN: 0375761144 (ISBN13: 9780375761140)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Jenny Wren, Jesse Hexam, Lizzie Hexam, Charley Hexam, Roger Riderhood, Pleasant Riderhood, John Harmon, Bella Wilfer, Hamilton Veneering, Anastatia Veneering, Melvin Twemlow, Eugene Wrayburn, Mortimer Lightwood, Lady Tippins, John Podsnap, Mrs. Podsnap, Georgiana Podsnap, Nicodemus Boffin, Henrietta Boffin, Reginald Wilfer, Mrs. Wilfer, Lavinia Wilfer, Alfred Lammle, Sophronia Lammle, Abbey Potterson, Bob Gliddery, Silas Wegg, Mr. Venus, George Sampson, Bradley Headstone, Emma Peecher, Sloppy, Betty Higden, Mr. Fledgeby, Mr. Riah

Rating Regarding Books Our Mutual Friend
Ratings: 4.07 From 25283 Users | 1392 Reviews

Write Up Regarding Books Our Mutual Friend
Well, well, well, my dear Dickens!It is time for my Christmas letter to you, which I impose on your powerless spirit like a Marley not quite as dead as a doornail, if you please? Unsurprisingly, I show my consistent inconsistency by telling my son that this is my favourite Dickens. Do I even bother to justify my choice anymore, suspecting that it will be replaced the moment I take on Little Dorrit or The Pickwick Papers? Yes, I do care to elaborate. For one thing I have learned from Dickens and

I don't know if I was supertired or Dickens gawt slawppy, but I spent three pages last night thinking I was reading about the inner life of a dinner table the family had nicknamed "Twemlow".The confusing to passage: There was an innocent piece of dinner-furniture that went upon easy castors and was kept over a livery stable-yard in Duke Street, Saint James's, when not in use, to whom the Veneerings were a source of blind confusion. The name of this article was Twemlow. Being first cousin to Lord

Again with a Dickens book, Im reminded of a song:Money, money, moneyMust be funnyIn the rich man's worldMoney, money, moneyAlways sunnyIn the rich man's worldAha ahaAll the things I could doIf I had a little moneyIt's a rich man's worldIt's a rich man's worldMoney, Money, Money AbbaCant you just picture Bella, if she lived in the 1970s, singing that song with gusto?So I sit at the end of a very long journey, not just this particular long journey (its a big book) but through the worlds of

No one who can read, ever looks at a book, even unopened on a shelf, like one who cannot.I have certainly been looking at Our Mutual Friend on my TBR shelf for years. He kept shaking my fist at it, muttering One day, damn you! One day! Started July 5th, finished August 20th, that is almost two months. It took so long because it is over 800 pages in length, and I read it mostly it in audiobook format. On my commutes to work, which means no progress most weekends. Towards the end of the book, I



In completing Our Mutual Friend, I believe that I may well have just finished reading the finest book written in the English language. One could perhaps argue that the prose of Austen in her novel Emma is more perfect; but the plotting and characters of Dickens in Our Mutual Friend is exquisite. Our Mutual Friend rivals Tolstoys War and Peace in breadth, scope, scale, and number of characters; but while War and Peace proceeds forward majestically in a linear fashion; Our Mutual Friend, like

Anyone familiar with LOST understands where I'm coming from here, but just in case you're stuck under a rock and have never watched the show (looking at you, Josiah) the above cupcake image is the character, Desmond Hume. Our Mutual Friend is associated with him on the show - it's the one book he claims he will read before he dies and we find later he has named his boat - wait for it - Our Mutual Friend.With that said, this connection to LOST is absolutely not the reason why I decided to read