Describe Books In Favor Of The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Original Title: The Doctrine and Covenants of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
ISBN: 1432624806 (ISBN13: 9781432624804)
Edition Language: English
Free The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints  Download Books Online
The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Hardcover | Pages: 291 pages
Rating: 4.53 | 6455 Users | 256 Reviews

Present Epithetical Books The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Title:The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Author:The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 291 pages
Published:February 17th 2006 by Kessinger Publishing (first published August 17th 1835)
Categories:Religion. Christianity. Lds. Nonfiction. Church. Scripture

Ilustration Conducive To Books The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

This scarce antiquarian book is a facsimile reprint of the original. Due to its age, it may contain imperfections such as marks, notations, marginalia and flawed pages. Because we believe this work is culturally important, we have made it available as part of our commitment for protecting, preserving, and promoting the world's literature in affordable, high quality, modern editions that are true to the original work.

Rating Epithetical Books The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Ratings: 4.53 From 6455 Users | 256 Reviews

Critique Epithetical Books The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
In some ways it takes more to believe in the words of a prophet in our time, as opposed to giving credence to the words of ancient prophets. I am so glad that I was introduced to the Doctrine and Covenants at a tender age when the idea of doubt had not yet been considered in my mind. I am grateful for the instruction and counsel in its pages and the small, but distinct characteristics and whisperings of phrases that speak truth to my heart and give me strength in hard times. It seems that hard

I finished reading the Doctrine and Covenants again as I read it in conjunction with the Doctrine & Covenants and Church History Seminary Manual. I was amazed at the many "gems" I discovered during this reading that I had either hadn't seen or had forgotten from previous readings. What a blessing to my life!September 17, 2014: It had been too long since I read the Doctrine and Covenants from cover to cover. Soooo MANY "gems" in this volume of scripture that can enrich my life if I apply

The knowledge, power, and spirit contained herein make me a better person each time I read this book.

Great read AGAIN! Finished it with my seminary class. So proud of all of the amazing kids in my class & around the world who rallied to read the ENTIRE D&C on their own in accordance with the new requirement to read the book to get credit for seminary graduation. Awesome kids will do awesome things in their lives & for others. They learned that they can do hard things (this was VERY hard for many of them, especially those who started to read late). We all signed a 'wall of fame'

I love the D&C. I find it very scary. But it teaches me so much. I always learn so much every time I read it. Joseph Smith was the most amazing man. I have a testimony of his prophecy. I know he received the writings in the D&C as revelation for our day. I need to do so much to be more spiritually prepared.

I have read this in college for my BYU religion class and am reading it again (rather, listening on my iPod) for Sunday School this year. So many gems are found here, revelations to Joseph Smith that were ahead of this time. I treasure the counsel and words of wisdom to help me prepare for the troublesome days ahead.

Neck-deep in hokey, but if you're interested in learning how Joseph Smith interacted with his followers, you'll have to wade through it. Much like flipping through a catalog of wartime propaganda posters. Note the chapters come in no particular order--not thematic, not chronological. But there is a chronological index, and plenty of outside reference material for context.