Itemize Books Supposing Leaves of Grass

Original Title: Leaves of Grass
Edition Language: English
Setting: New York City, New York(United States) Washington, D.C.(United States)
Free Books Leaves of Grass  Online
Leaves of Grass Paperback | Pages: 624 pages
Rating: 4.12 | 85767 Users | 2457 Reviews

Chronicle As Books Leaves of Grass

Whitman used to right fake reviews under false names for Leaves of Grass and send them to publishers, newspapers, and periodicals. I love that about him. So over the top. He had love for everything. Especially himself. As for the quality of the work the words speak for themselves: "This is what you shall do: Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning god, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body..........."

Particularize Based On Books Leaves of Grass

Title:Leaves of Grass
Author:Walt Whitman
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 624 pages
Published:August 1st 2006 by Simon Schuster (first published 1892)
Categories:Fiction. Womens Fiction. Chick Lit. Cultural. Ireland. Romance

Rating Based On Books Leaves of Grass
Ratings: 4.12 From 85767 Users | 2457 Reviews

Critique Based On Books Leaves of Grass
It is becoming increasingly trendy to chalk up success to practice and hard work. We have the famous 10,000 hours from Malcolm Gladwells Outliers, and a similar theme from Joshua Foers Moonwalking with Einstein, just to name two examples. But it seems to me that some people were just born to do what they did, that no amount of practice could ever have produced something so fresh, original, new, and revolutionary. Take Montaigne. He invented a new genre (the essay), pioneered a free and easy

Literary rapture. I don't know how else I could describe my first experience reading Leaves of Grass. It was pure literary rapture. I highly recommend Leaves of Grass to everyone - especially those who still believe, or want to believe, in the basic goodness of the American Experiment. Pick up the slim first edition (Whitman revised and expanded Leaves of Grass throughout his life. The final product, which is what is most often seen on bookshelves, is a bloated, redundant beast. Read the whole

Whitman sings the song of America like no other poet I know--the outsized joy and pain, the affinity for common folk and the love of nature and the sheer overwhelming feeling of every sight and sound and industrious noise around him. "I hear America singing, the varied carols I hear," he wrote. Because of this some are tempted to see Whitman as a poet of pure exuberance--like a proto-hippie or, worse, like a garrulous Hallmark card. But Whitman doesn't shy away from pain at all--he embraces it

Yes, I did read this because John Green told me to in Paper Towns. If I didn't have cooler people advising me what to read/watch/listen to, I'd never do anything at all. In any case, I was pleasantly surprised at how I wanted to continue reading once I finished Song of Myself, considering that it's the only Whitman poem I was familiar with (since it's the one that's quoted in both Paper Towns and The Dead Poets Society. I liked most of the poems, although Whitman is a fan of listing things. Over

Don't pay attention to me, I'm currently high on poetry.

I read it in my living room. Read it by the sea. Read it in the afternoon, at sunset and at night. I read it from mid-winter through mid-spring. Read it while sad, read it while content, read it while not giving a fuck. I read it and understood it, read it and misinterpreted it. I read it.Do I seem weird?Do I care?